Glenn C. Hughes
604 Leyton House
168-1 Yamashita-cho, Naka-ku
- International Project Manager with ten years experience in the high tech industry,
focused on service, training, and recruiting.
Excellent communications skills and a creative understanding of technology as an enabling
tool have allowed me to successfully complete complex projects in Asia.
Santa Clara University - Santa Clara, California, 1989 - 1991
Masters of Business
Suspended studies to
pursue business travel opportunities.
DeVry Institute of Technology - Columbus, Ohio, 1984 - 1987
Bachelors of Science in
Electronics Engineering Technology, 1987
Technical Support Manager, KLA-Tencor Instruments, Japan
11/98 - present
- One year assignment to manage three product support teams, and the training department.
- Act as liason for NEC and Toshiba Operating Commitees.
Customer Service Manager, KLA-Tencor Instruments, Singapore
10/96 - 11/98
- Two year assignment to manage the hiring, training, and deployment of 18 customer
- Oversee P&L, contracts, installation, and parts support
- Manage growth of key customer accounts in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, and China
Technical Training Supervisor, KLA Instruments Corp, Yokohama, Japan
7/95 - 9/96
- Eighteen month assignment to design and build comprehensive training program for
Japanese Field Service Engineers.
- Hired and supervised three trainers.
- Designed HOTACE orientation program for new hires
- Reduced Engineer learning curves by 50% through task-based training and
- Design and implement customer training program.
- Recruit/Interview candidates for International hiring program (in Japan, Taiwan, Korea,
Senior Customer Service Engineer, KLA Japan, Tachikawa, Japan
4/93 - 6/95
- Two year assignment (one year in Tokyo,one year in Osaka) to install, maintain, and
troubleshoot automated inspection equipment.
- Trained and mentored six new Japanese service engineers.
- Act as liason between the US and Japan technical support organizations.
Associate Test Engineer, KLA Instruments, San Jose, CA, USA
11/87 - 3/93
- Build, troubleshoot and confirm automated inspection equipment.
- Support field equipment issues. Travel to customer sites (Vermont, Boston, Texas,
- Create documentation, procedures, and forms to expedite engineering processes.
KLA Instruments General Managers' Award, Q3 FY'96
Deans List, DeVry Institute of Technology
Presidents List, DeVry Institute of Technology
Scholastic Achievement Award, DeVry Institute of Technology
Created Web Based Intranet Knowlege System
Comfortable with databases, word processors, spreadsheets, presentations, etc.
Programming in Pascal, HTML, Basic
Canada, Central America, Carribean, Mexico, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Singapore,
Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, China, Australia, most of the U.S.
Articles for company paper
35mm, Digital, Video
Baseball Head Coach
Coached 12-14 year olds for two years.
Live Performance for 5 years (managed all bookings, promotion, auditions, hiring,
and accounting) Guitar Player, Singer, Songwriter
Experienced with Analog, Digital, and MIDI sound recording and live sound mixing